Expert: Phyllis Kozarsky
Phyllis Kozarsky, MD, is a professor of medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Emory University School of Medicine, and medical director ofTravelWell, a clinic that serves individuals who are traveling internationally (both pre and post-travel), as well as immigrants and refugees. TravelWell is based at Emory University Hospital Midtown.
Kozarsky has been on the faculty since 1984. Her expertise includes pre-travel health advice and education, including immunizations and/or medicines to prevent disease; post-travel illness; global health, migration and quarantine; tropical medicine; and the epidemiology of travel related infections and infectious diseases in general.
She is a co-founder of the International Society of Travel Medicine and is a principal investigator ofGeoSentinel, a network of 54 clinics internationally that track trends in travel-related occurrence of diseases as they move around the globe. Kozarsky is also an expert consultant to the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine in travelers’ health with the CDC.
Kozarsky can also speak on the implications of safe food and water while traveling, the importance of a good traveler’s health kit and the value of using insect repellant, sunscreen and common sense on your adventures.
404-727-8599 (Janet Christenbury, media relations) office
404-778-7777 (Patient Questions, Emory Health Connection) office
More on Phyllis Kozarsky »
No recent stories are available.
Related Resources »
Past Media Coverage »
- The Washington Post - "Tips for Traveling to Africa in the Age of Ebola"
- CNN: "Seven Tips to Make Your Trip Stress Free"
- Emory Report: "Globetrotters Guide to Good Health"
- Los Angeles Times: "U.S. Urges Travelers to Check Measles Immunity Amid Outbreaks"
- New York Times - "Planning a Vac(cin)ation"
- New York Times - "Keeping Up with Travel Threats Around the World"
- New York Times - "When an Upset Stomach Roils Your Trip"
- Web MD - "Travelers’ Diarrhea: What You Need to Know"
- Web MD - "Your Travel Vaccine Checklist, Continent by Continent"
- Web MD - "Hazardous to Your Health – Adventure Travel"