Take Note >>
Sessions offer tips for performance management
By Leslie King | Emory Report | June 29, 2015
Take a refresher class this summer to learn in-depth about the changes that have been made to Emory's performance management process. Separate sessions will be held Thursday, July 9, for managers and non-managers.
Performance management update sessions are set for 9-10 a.m. for non-managers and 10:30-11:30 a.m. for managers. Both sessions take place in room 5C of the 1599 Clifton Road building. Pre-registration is required by signing up through Emory Learning Management System (ELMS).
You can also view a webinar recording of the sessions, according to Randall Lucius, director of organizational development in Human Resources. This link can also be accessed on the Human Resources website.
Changes to performance management
In 2014, performance management added new Emory Competencies and PeopleSoft Performance Manager tools. Several improvements have been made for 2015, based on feedback from the first cycle of use, the Class and Labor Committee, focus groups and the user satisfaction survey.
These changes include:
• Upward feedback for managers, giving employees the capability of providing anonymous feedback, either online or on paper, about their supervisor to their supervisor's leader
• Elimination of the "Available for Review" step, reducing time and the number of emails sent from the system
• More hyperlinks to help complete the process faster
• Changes in the order of the competencies, based on feedback
• Sub-headings to explain which competencies pertain to what people do and which pertain to how they do it
• Auto save to prevent loss of work if auto logout occurs
For more information as well as sign-up, see the ELMS website.