Take Note >>
New system enhances voicemail, faxing
Emory Report | July 13, 2012
A new Emory voicemail and fax system will go live on Tuesday, July 17 at 7 p.m.
Emory’s Office of Information Technology shares these instructions:
- You will receive an email from Microsoft Outlook with the subject, "Welcome to Exchange Unified Messaging."
- You will be prompted to use your telephone to set up a new PIN and custom greetings. (This will not affect current messages.)
- Voicemail preview: When you receive your recorded voicemail messages in your email, you will also receive a text version of its contents. This is not intended to be an exact transcription, but it allows you to preview the message for key names, numbers or phrases (such as "call me back").
- Manage your voicemail from Outlook Web Access (owa.emory.edu): You'll be able to manage your voicemail within Outlook Web Access. For example, if you have prerecorded custom greetings, you'll be able to activate them from Outlook Web Access.
- Fax from your email: If you have a fax number assigned to your account, you will be able to fax directly from your email. You will also receive faxes in your email.