Take Note >>
Committee formed for medical dean search
Emory Report | April 9, 2012
A committee has been named for the School of Medicine dean search, according to Executive Vice President for Health Affairs S. Wright Caughman.
James Curran, dean of the Rollins School of Public Health, and Douglas Ivester, chair of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center board, are the co-chairs. Executive recruitment firm Korn/Ferry International has been contracted for the search.
Members were named to the committee, representing various university constituencies:
Emory University Trustees
• Ben Johnson, chair of the Emory University Board of Trustees
• Douglas Ivester, chair of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center board
• Russell R. French, vice chair of the WHSC board and member of the Emory Healthcare board
• Charles H. "Pete" McTier, WHSC trustee
Woodruff Health Sciences Center senior leadership
• James Curran, dean of the Rollins School of Public Health
• David Stephens, WHSC vice president for research
University senior leadership
• Claire Sterk, senior vice provost for academic affairs
School of Medicine faculty
• Leon Haley, vice chair of clinical affairs, Grady Health System
• Tammie Quest, director of the Palliative Care Center
• Mark Rapaport, chair of the department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences
• John Sweeney, department of surgery
• Stephen Warren, chair of the department of human genetics
• John T. Fox, president and CEO of Emory Healthcare
Thoughts and feedback can be shared at email@example.com.